Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update

Well, still no baby. Four more days and little Jack will join the Wineinger clan. We've been in the new house for a week and we absolutely love it! I'm not getting empty boxes moved as quickly as I should be, but it'll get done, I keep telling Jill :)

A day in the life of Parenting Riley:

A phone conversation between Daddy and Riley:
R: Hi Daddy, when you be home?
D: Soon buddy, we're on our way
R: Aunt Lala playing wit me
D: Are you having fun?
R: Where's mommy?
D: I'm going to pick her up.
R: Where?
D: From the furniture store.
R: What funichor stow (riley's accent)
D: Nebraska Furniture Mart
R: Can I talk to her?
D: No buddy, she's not in the car.
R: Where is she? (getting slightly more frustrated)
D: In the furniture store
R: The funichor store?
D: Ya
R: Can I talk to her?
D: No buddy, she's not with me
R: Where is she?
D: Ok buddy, daddy needs to go now.
R: But where's mommy?
D: Ok buddy, I'll see you soon.
R: But where's mommy?
D: At the furniture store
R: The furnichor store? What furnichor store?
D: Can I talk to Aunt lala?
R: "Click"--Only knows what he asked Aunt Lala when he got off the phone, but I'm going to guess it started something like this, "Where's mommy?"

The phone conversation between a 3 year old and his 30 year old dad.

No comments: